Jun 23, 2010

Artists Business Software

I have been thinking about the fact that I don't have my artwork saved in any sort of data base.  I have no idea what shows I have entered certain pieces in (don't tell anyone), and every time I enter a piece into a show I have to remeasure it because I don't have that information saved anywhere.

Then in the most recent Art Calender there was an article about things that all artist should have saved on hand and one of those things was to have a working list of artwork, where it is, where it has been, and shows you have entered it in.  

So,  I decided that it was time.  I didn't want to just make a spread sheet because I wanted to have a picture that I could see of each piece with each list.   I spent a few days searching for programs, reading blog posts, asking around, and even posting questions on Facebook.  I didn't want to spend too much on a program so I picked Flick! .  


It is not hard use and it has a pretty interface.   It has some quirky things but I only played $29.95 for it.  My only real complaint is that I cannot list what shows a piece has been entered into on the same page as all of the other information.    


It makes great lists and I think that I does everything that I needed it too.  I am very happy with this program.  



The only problem now is that I have too go through 5 years of artwork and put it all in the database.  That is going to be torture!  

No comments:

Post a Comment